Saturday, July 10, 2010

England???

We are actually doing what Jamie has been trying to convince me to do for the last 7 years of marriage - we are moving abroad! It is a little surreal, I am not the adventuresome type and it has already been an exciting year in my book but it feels right, so off we go!! We will be well taken care of by EY - movers will pack us up and we will be put up in corporate housing while we look for a place to rent (3 bdrms is a requirement for any guests:))



Fun Facts we have learned about England :

*None of our Electronics will work long term! Cons- no Flat Iron or Vitamix Pros - no xbox....

*Words have different meanings! Pants mean "undies", trousers mean pants. Honk mean puke so no "honking your horn"...I am pretty sure I will be causing some Brits great amusement.

*It doesnt sound like everyone wears Wellies all of the time - I dont care, I am still buying them.

* Chocolate is supposed to be amazing, as is the Pub Grub and apparently you do bring your baby to the bar there.


There is still so much to learn and we are excited! I am so sad to leave all of my friends (Lets be honest, I am not emotionally attached to my scratched linoleum floors, tiny oven or renters carpet...) it is the people and the weather I will miss!

1 comment:

amberp said...

Love the background, great start! Can't wait to see your cute little family's updates! Miss you sis, big hug!