Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The TGP

When I joined the Teuscher family I was introduced to the "TGP" - Teuscher Gene Pool. Basically it is a ratio of 3:1, Boys to Girls for the last three generations of Teuschers.
Jamie has 5 brothers and 2 sisters and there are a total of 18 grandkids, only 4 of them are girls. The oldest has 4 boys: 1 girl, next has 3 boys: 1 girl, then 2 boys: 1 girl, the 4th brother has 4 boys and the brother just younger than Jamie had their first little boy about 6 months before Hadley.
I had resigned myself to having only boys. When we found out we were having a little girl I was shocked! I made the doc check twice and he told me very slowly and loudly that "this is where the little boy parts are...and there are none, this is where the little girl parts are...and they are here, you better hope you are having a girl!"
I tease Jamie we might single-handedly fix the ratio one day by having all girls but since this might be my only one I am living it up! Bows, bracelets, shoes and especially little dresses. I have always loved the classic Sunday dress and she finally fits into one of my favorites, so I did the obvious and took lots of pictures.





5 comments:

kteuscher said...

Cassidy had a dress almost exactly like that. It was my very favorite!! Hadley looks darling.

Krystal said...

She's adorable in them so good work!!

Laurel said...

OH!!! She's so beautiful!!! I love it!!! And yes, exclamation points are required for such a post.

The Mostess said...

I love the dress and shoes.

No comment on the bow. :0

Teuscher said...

We figure someone has to have our girl- it might as well be you!!