Image uploading is disabled, so just imagine pictures and pardon the wordy post.....
COULD be deciding how to artfully hang spiderwebs, place pumpkins around my little home and trying to wedge my big baby into a hollowed out pumpkin for a photo op in Sunny CA
INSTEAD I am trying to figure out how to hang a shower curtain so water doesnt go all over our floor from the half shower door thing and purchase lightbulbs - they have 4 different bases and different watts. I want to know who uses an 11 watt? Why not just break out the candles?Blerg.
COULD be bragging about how my child sleeps through the night to anyone who will listen
INSTEAD I have reverted to rocking my 7 mos old - not being in the same bed and/or time zone for more than 4 weeks at a time since she was 11 weeks old has taken it's toll on her little body and I just feel too bad. I am hoping to make some progress when we return and wont be traveling. I am terrified she might be my only easy baby and I have wasted it.
COULD be starting up a running program and doing my yoga again
INSTEAD I have been eating my way through England, if there is a pastry, cookie, candy bar or dessert (trifle, meringue, panna cotta - you name it) I feel it is my duty to try as an American. I am 10 lbs below pre-pregnancy but I still have 10 left from my working-at-a-candy-factory weight and this is not helping.
SHOULD have been a better visiting teacher
INSTEAD I didnt realize that I might have been the only person she spoke to all week, I will resolve to do better now and when I get back
SHOULD have shipped a stash of canned pumpkin, maple flavor and baby shampoo, oh and Halloween decorations, they dont really celebrate it here
INSTEAD I am stocking up and hauling a huge duffel bag from the states in a few weeks.
WOULD love to thank the people who made Facebook, Blogs, Email and Video Gchat
INSTEAD of losing my marbles I have been able to keep relatively sane
WOULD love to join playgroups, sign Hadley up for swimming and find a music class (basically for me, I hear there are adults there)
WILL when we get back, the culture is to do almost everything within your town. I think I have finally figured out how to get involved, the church group isnt interested in weekly activities since traveling takes so long - most families have 1 car, trains take time and the boundries are large. Who wants to schlepp kids for 45 minutes each way to go to a 30 minute music class? I don't blame them. A few girls did give me some websites to locate the programs in our town and it looks like there are quite a few, so I am hopeful.
WOULD love a diet cherry limeade from Sonic and a hug from my mom....and WILL have one in 24 hours!! Little bro is getting married and couldn't think of a better reason to travel.
3 comments:
Oh Heather, I know little Miss H will be ok!!! You are doing a great job with her! And I can't wait to see you! Hooray!!!
Soak it all up while you're home, Heather!
Wah!!!! This makes me miss you even more. You may just get a mystery shipment of goodies in the mail. I love that you are a few states away at the moment. Talk to you soon--and, no, not fake FB chat. Real chat.
Till then!
Post a Comment