Wednesday, November 3, 2010

First Halloween!



Getting in the mood by checking out the Bats underneath the Congress Bridge

Trying on our witchy hat


Modeling the costume

Showing off our first Jack'o'latern and treat bag

Dad filling in as costume adjuster

Ward Trunk or Treat to collect the loot!

We had so much fun with Hadley on her first Halloween! I grew up with amazing homemade costumes so I was determined to make Hadley's first one. My sewing machine didn't make it to England on time so Mom and I got in the car and to head to the fabric store after the wedding. I realized before the car started that sewing a pattern after a busy weekend with jetlag would likely end in tears for me and those around me. Jamie had been asking for Hadley to be a little witch - she developed this little high pitched laugh that he thought was perfect. So we stopped at Micheals and 15 minutes after we returned home I had a costume. We took her little wedding dress and tied tulle the way my crafty friend Hayley showed me around the waist and took a felt hat, cut it up to fit and glue gunned it back together. We thought she was the cutest witch we had ever seen! Hope you had a perfectly spooky Halloween!

2 comments:

Karey said...

Good call on the costume! Much less stressful and still insanely adorable! She's the cutest little witch!

Jan'l said...

You are so creative Heather! It turned out so cute! She is getting so big and so adorable. Miss you guys ;(