I only want one thing this year, well honestly I want lots of things, but just this one thing would make me really, really happy.
A solid 8.
Our little Missy is doing great considering she has been on 10 flights, 3 of them major time zones, 3 moves and every time she adjusts she gets sick, teethes or we move beds on her, so I would expect no more from her and I am not complaining. Every book I read about sleep asks if there have been any major changes - yes about ever 4-5 weeks! But 9 months of interrupted sleep gets draining and I dream of my bed. And I am talking 8 solid hours, no having to wake up to wake up the husband. He is genetically designed to sleep through disasters, he literally slept through a bookshelf of textbooks falling onto him and can sleep through full lights, loud noises and entire conversations. It might take alot of magic, borrowing an elf or a flat out miracle but I figured it didn't hurt to ask. I have been a very good girl this year. Hope you have a great trip around the world, we will be leaving cookies!
Love,
Heather
4 comments:
I hope you get your Christmas wish, Heather! I know personally how draining it can be! Lincoln slept through the whole night at 11 months, for one night, and then not again until he was 18 months old! Even now at 2 1/2 it's not an every night occurrence. um... I didn't mean to depress you! Just trying to sympathize :)
HILAREOUS!!I completely agree with the coined term "genetically designed to sleep through....." I couldn't agree more!
A load of books falling on him? How could you sleep through that?
And, yes, a solid 8 does wonders in the "making you feel human again" department.I hear ya. I hope Santa does, too!
YUCK! I do not have fond memories of the "not sleeping through the night" phase. Even now when he wakes up I think "how did I even do this!" All I can say is that IT WILL END ONE DAY! Hopefully by December 25th :)
Post a Comment