Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Party


Last weekend we hosted a Valentine's party. My friend Hayley threw a fabulous one in CA every year and it just wouldn't feel like Valentine's Day without it. I believe most of your social life is up to you, "the person who plans the party gets invited", and I wanted to go to a party! I invited people that 1) I knew their name, 2) spoken to more than once, 3) seemed nice enough. We had 20 people crammed in our house and had a blast!

"American" Dessert Spread

Beauty shot of Coconut Cupcakes

Our favorite candy - Phizzy Pig Tails. Gummies with a sour, fizzy sanding.

Started with a White Elephant, hilarious and cute gifts.

Lots of stealing (cause really, who doesn't want teenage cologne said to be filled with alluring musk scents?)

Edward even may have a new fan (Not my baby, Hadley will be Team Jacob...you know, the hot one)

Finished with a variation of the Newly Weds game, prizes for the Winner and the Loser

People stayed until 12, we ate way too many treats and had a wonderful time getting to know everyone a little bit better. Feels like Valentines now.


5 comments:

Melinda said...

This looks like so much fun!!! What a great party! Way to go H!!!

Kristine Gray said...

Yummy and fun. Glad you are carrying on the tradition over the pond. Thank goodness you are raising Hadley to be on the RIGHT team!

Kristina said...

What a fun party!! Wish I could've been there!!

The Mostess said...

Team Wet Dog?? Lame. You can clearly see she is on Team Edward. Wise girl, just like her bestie Blakely.

Nice party--looks like so much fun! We missed you over here...wah, wah, wah.

Ashley said...

Those gummies look goooood. I am impressed you threw a party in a strange land!