Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What do you do....


... when you are waiting for your glucose test results? Apparently in the Teuscher House we try our hand at making profiteroles while dancing to Disney songs on a rainy day.


They were pretty tasty.

The people here bake a ton. Mixes are rare and it seems like a lot of women make baked goods from scratch (I have had two people rattle off to me a cake recipe from memory). A friend lent me her cookbook and I have a list of recipes that every English woman knows how to make. I hope to try out most of them, figured it didn't hurt to start with the profiteroles!

3 comments:

The Mostess said...

Is profiteroles just British for delicious eclair? I cant get behind them either way. YUM!

The Mostess said...

Er, I CAN get behind them either way. But did you use that eclair filling in a bag? Is that cheating??

teuscher travels said...

They are more cream puffs than eclairs - but it is mainly the shape that is different. I didn't use the filling, a total Fail and was so nasty! These are filled with good old whipped cream:) Oh, and I totally passed my Glucose Test.