Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Photo Overload

This post is for Grandma, we have just been busy with our day to day activities (adjusting back to "normal" life) and she wanted photos of the grand babies...

 Elise is our giggler and everyone is happy when daddy comes home! 

 Hadley has started requesting a pillow and blanket in the mornings and randomly through the day, she claims she wants to "be like Mama"...for the record, I am perpetually cold in the morning (even in Texas I would wear sweats to seminary when it was 85* out in the am) and do always curl up with a blanket before I really start the day, but they rarely let me stay down for long!!

 Grandma wanted photos of just Elise, I have lots of her in photos, but not many of her on her own...it is rough being the second!! She really is an absolute doll.

 She spends a large amount of time sitting the alphabet mat going through her toys and trying to get myself or Hadley to play with her. She has a gorgeous smile, but just like photos of Hadley I never seem to do her justice, I really need to book a proper photo shoot!

 Hadleys afternoon nap starts about an hour before Elise's afternoon nap so we get to spend some one on one time (and she enjoys having the blocks and toys all to herself)...although one day I was working on something and looked up to find her in Hadley's goldfish shoving them in as fast as she could, at one point they started falling out bc there wasn't enough room! 

 Those chubby little hands just diving in! She now wiggles and laughs everytime she sees Hadley get fish out.

 It is cooling off but we still spend part of every day outside, it is wonderful. We have actually really missed parts of England, but I do not miss the rainy weather + toddler combination at all! 

 We still love to bake, but it has become a messier endeavor as I hear "me do!!". They turned out just fine with a little less flour than usual.

 The other morning Elise was up earlier than Hadley and I thought she would be thrilled to have the house to herself, instead she crawled around very upset looking for her sister! I am always aware that her life is different since she is the second child, it made me happy to think that she honestly loves having a sister around.  Although nothing seems to make Elise happier than to have a few of Hadley's toys that are normally in use all to herself...she was so focused when she found the little shopping cart with nobody around!


We have reading time before bed, and as you can see it is one of our favorite parts of the day! 


1 comment:

Hayley said...

they are as cute as ever!