The Plane Ride -
We took a red eye and Hadley rode in style for the 10 hour flight. They gave us a lined cardboard box (called it a cot, but we knew better) that attached to a tray in front of us. After about 2 hours into the flight we put her in it, covered her eyes and she pretty much slept the entire flight, it was lovely.
Jamie had serious concerns about sleeping and did his research. He chose this bad boy for himself:
The Sleep Collar. Doesnt she look comfy?
And I chose this option:

Who wouldn't with this lovely model?
So a few hours into the flight we pulled out our new pillows ....and wondered if the upgrade would be worth it for the next flight. Luckily 10 hours doesnt feel as long as it sounds.
Arrival -
We arrived and went through a hall marked customs, nobody was in there so they must have assumed we werent smuggling anything, and there was a Taxi waiting for us. We are based in Reading, about an hour by train from London. It is the San Jose of England, I will post some pics later but it isnt much to write home about.
We stayed up until 7pm like we were told, put Hadley to bed on the new time like we had read about and went to bed in a fog hoping for a good night sleep.
About an hour later Hadley, who had slept on the plane, decided she didnt feel like sleeping and was up for the next 6 hours, we then had to wake her at her normal 7am time. It was apparent that the advice we had read was not going to apply to our sleeper and after 8 days (my cousin told us it takes a day for every time zone you cross, it was about right) she realized when night was and then I had to adjust my time since I had reverted to sleeping like her newborn days. Now we are all sleeping and much happier.
We head back to Austin in 6 weeks, the first few days we were here I considered asking if we could just video stream the wedding...but that seemed rude. (we actually cant wait, so excited for Jared!) I have a few ideas this next time so here is hoping it goes a little smoother!
Up next I will make sure to post about our finding a place (you need an agent!) and all of the new foods and candy I am trying but this is it for right now.





1 comment:
Brian doesn't believe you and Jamie actually used the sleeping paraphanalia pictured. Do you have photographic proof? If it did work, perhaps Jamie could bring it for dads use in church. Who knows we could market it to a whole line of LDS men who suffer from the head nod when sleeping in church.
Post a Comment