We have been in England for six weeks as of yesterday! From previous posts you probably could tell some things haven't gone smoothly, but we did get moved into our place this week and it feels so good to be out of suitcases and have a place to make a home. The good news is because of the delay our furniture arrived so we only had to do one move! We are learning that different is sometimes good - as in all of the stylish clothes and pastries, sometimes just different - it is really strange sitting in the passenger seat on the "wrong side" of the road and sometimes worse - like realizing that if I am reading my new washer's instructions right I will be doing wash everyday (or wearing things more often, it has yet to be seen...). We are learning, growing and enjoying doing it together (sounds like a church commercial). Below are a few things in England that have made me smile this week -
Reading the oven's instructions and there is a specific setting listed for choux buns, like it ain't no big thang.
I remember string cheese and on a good day maybe a cheddar stick in my grocery store - here the "string cheese section" contains Brie, Double Glouster, Extra Sharp Cheddar, Cranberry and Westleydale (not even sure what that is), Goat Cheese with Herbs and a bunch of others that I cant remember in individual servings. It is awesome.
I have huge windows in my new place, floor to ceiling in the living room! It is so bright and pictures of Hadley are so much clearer now, although I seem to be finding alot more dust...
Finding a bag of Tostitos at Costco, Costco Size.

A darling apple tree in our front yard, I have always wanted a fruit tree and right now it is full of ripe apples. On the topic of fruit - the fruit is really, really good here. And it is fun to see the Oranges are grown in Spain, Pineapples are from Africa and nothing is from Mexico.
So things are good, we are figuring it all out and when things aren't going smoothly (like half of our kitchen not arriving, amazing how much you use a peeler/grater/can opener) I treat it with another chocolate croissant, it seems to be working.
*Post Edit*
Um, it has only been five weeks here. I counted from when we were moving, whoops! So Karey, it doesn't feel that long bc it hasn't been! We can just pretend I wrote this in the future:)




3 comments:
So glad you're getting settled! I can't believe it's been 6 weeks already - from over here, it seems like it's gone fast :)
yay for your fruit tree. if my grandkids never have the chance to meet the famous heather, they will at least know you as the lady who always wanted a good fruit-bearing tree. and now you have one. i'm afraid you will never come back now.
have a great sunday tomorrow! make a friend!
Hello, I am Tara, Chelsea Gilbert's friend. My email is Hendersons2005@gmail.com if you want to chat about London and even perhaps hang out one day. We live in the Wimbledon area. I invited you to our blog so you can see our London adventures as well.
Post a Comment