
We have this large (for UK) living room area, which has been wonderful since we spend most of our time inside. I have decided that winter is for the birds. When Hadley gets up, after eating breakfast, we put out a large soft blanket. We have berber carpet and it is a bit rough for her. I have 3 baskets with toys that sit in the bookshelf so we rotate between them. She pulls out all the toys and strews them about the room as she explores, it gives me time to check important things like FB and blogs.

I wanted to make a little corner for her to play in so we got this darling bookcase and little table for her. Pretty much everything is bought online here, most companies dont have storefronts, so it has been interesting trying to guess the quality and appearance. I have now purchased a bed/mattress and childrens furniture online among other small items. She will need to grow into the table but she is already interested in the books and she can almost get them out herself.

The house stays a mess all day as we putter around and we do a big clean up after dinner so we have space for a dance party before bath and bed. I have been playing the same cd for a month now and if I have to hear "eating goober peas" one more time I might poke my eyes out. Any kid song suggestions?
2 comments:
Hello Heather. I am enjoying hearing about your time in England. I wondered where you got the book shelf. I love it and I think it would be perfect for my little guy's bedroom.
Hi Megan! Sorry I didnt see you comment, I got it from a place over here called Great Little Trading Company, it is similar to Land of Nod - maybe they have them over in the states? I have loved it since it is about her height and reminds me that I have more than just the three books I read over and over to her:)
Post a Comment