Monday, January 17, 2011

Game Changer


I love to grocery shop. I love checking out new foods and reading the ingredients. When Hadley was younger I would throw her in the bjorn/ergo and she would happily come along while I check out exciting new granolas - she is one lucky girl.

When we moved to England it got less fun - we walk to the store so she is in the stroller, which she enjoys...as long as it is moving. By the time we get to check out I am singing 'froggy went a courtin' and she is letting me know she is done shopping. Combined with the fact I can only purchase what I can carry and then have to haul it up the hill, grocery shopping moved down the list of desirable activities.

Then came OCADOS


When Jamie's boss told me about a delivery service that brought groceries to your door, I have to admit I brushed it off. I am not working full time, surely I can get to the grocery store! But when it was below freezing outside I couldnt bring myself to take Hadley on a half mile walk each way, so I gave it a try. You can judge if you want - but it changed my life! For 30 bucks a year I get unlimited delivery of groceries directly to my door whenever I want! You go online, pick a slot, select what you want at your own pace and you can even go back on and add or take away up until 12 hours before delivery. It is a higher end grocery store so a bit more pricey, but I find that I spend less bc I only buy what I need. I can run and check my fridge if I am not sure if I ran out of cheese or not and there are no impulse buys! It is truly a win-win. Pain au Chocolat is just better when it arrives at your door.






1 comment:

The Mostess said...

All food is better when it magically arrives at your door. Lucky!