We play a game where we ask Hadley "how big is Hadley?" and then hold her arms out and say "SO BIG!!" and it makes her laugh every time. And she really is so big!! I was reading my sister in laws blog the other day and she had posted pics of her son outgrowing his carseat. I realized that what I saw in the back of my car was suspiciously similar. We did some research and US carseats are approved for the UK but not the other way around (some kind of certification, I am sure they are both safe). So when Jamie was in the US he brought back a Britax carseat so she would have a bit more room. She has never loved her carseat but seems to enjoy the new one and facing forward.

Newborn Hadley, so tiny!
(we borrowed a good friends carseat for the first few weeks while mine was on order)

13 months, poor thing is smooshed!
At one year I took her to the "health visitors centre", they don't do well baby checks and since they have significantly fewer immunizations they don't see a dr (only general practitioners) unless they are sick. Instead, there is a drop in clinic with a few nurses that you can go weigh your baby, ask questions and then when they do need shots you set up an appt with them. The girls here seem to like it but I really (really) miss having a pediatrician who I knew specialized in her care. We stopped by last week and she is 24.5 lbs and 30 3/4 inches which puts her in the 93% for both according to the American Pediatrics charts.
No comments:
Post a Comment