After I started the blog I put a feedjit on the side, it let me know where people were from when they viewed (I know it doesnt take into account google reeder) and at the beginning could I normally tell who was viewing it. Over time there were more and more views from places I didn't recognize - not a big deal, I figured it was friends of friends or people that I had known before that found their way to it (again, I am not that interesting so I assume only people I know would care). In the last 2 weeks though my traffic shot up a ton from all sorts of places, although the main place was Utah weirdly enough. I know about 5 people in Utah. The part that got me though was a Tennessee address that would show up about 6-8 times a day, at the beginning I figured maybe it was someone reading archives (I have been known to do this with total strangers...) so I wasnt worried. After a week had passed and I was still getting anywhere from 3-8 times a day I figured they had already read the archives and I was just creeped out. I have heard that spam is regular intervals (could be total internet myth) and this was erratic but multiple times so basically I just decided to pull the blog. My friend had taken her blog private and did her set up like you see mine, where you can still get updates from a public blog (teuschertravels.blogspot.com if it isnt in your reeder) that tell you to go check out the private one. That is my biggest complaint with private, I forget to go check and remember every few months to catch up. So combined with my being less than thrilled with randoms on my blog, and my friend's creative idea I made it private. .....and this concludes my rather boring story of how we went private. We will see how it goes, hopefully it isn't too much of a pain. We are so far away and have friends all across the US, I love how I can still feel a bit in touch.
Little more Teuscher, little less travel for Jamie, Heather, Miss Hadley and Lady Elise.
Friday, April 22, 2011
The New Blog Story
Thanks for coming to the private blog!! I have a few requests for my definition of "creepy" and it really isn't that interesting. I never loved having a public blog, it was one reason that it took me so long to start one, I don't like not knowing who my audience is and the idea of random strangers reading my blog. I told myself that - really, who is going to read it if they are not my friend??? Multiple pictures of my child + detailed updates of our daily life is about as exciting as grass growing. I do love how it feels like it is easier to keep in touch and having accounts of everyday life with Hadley that wouldn't have made it into my actual journal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Um... I'll admit that I get really bored at work and home. So I may check your website 3 times in one day. And then I may access it at the institute to show off pictures of Hadley. And then I may access it at my friend's house to show of Hadley. Basically... I'm one of your stalkers. But it's good you went private.
Post a Comment