Friday, February 10, 2012

10 Weeks


I can't believe it has already been 10 weeks! And it feels like she has always been with us, in some ways I have enjoyed her more since I have had a newborn before, but in others I feel I miss out because there is so much going on and not enough time to just sit and stare at her! Here are a few fun facts about Lady Elise (may just want to look at the pictures if you are not related to me) -

* She has always been a smiler, right from day one, but around week 6 she started adding a few giggles and tries to "talk" to us when she catches our attention.



* Our nicknames for her are Smiles, Smiley, Lovebug, Lovey and Jamie calls her Sweetie (which really is the sweetest thing)

*Jamie has been around quite a bit since she was born (Christmas, paternity and a few days off because we are trying to use up his vacation before we leave) and she definitely adores her daddy. He seems to have the magic touch with her and he has been so very helpful.



*She loves attention and being held, she is a snuggler. We don't let our children sleep in our bed (Jamie sleeps like the dead (slept through a bookcase falling on him) and I sleep so lightly that I would never sleep deeply with a child close by so it just doesnt work for us safety wise) but during Hadley's nap I lay down with Elise and she just burrows right in, it is the sweetest thing and I can finally see why parents would want them in their beds. She is particular to parents though, with Jamie she wants to be held in his arms and buries her head into the crook and with me she wants her head on my chest - funny but she knows exactly who is holding her.



* She adores the bjorn and sleeps like a champ as soon as I start moving. The doubles are different over here, made for walking not jogging so we have put off getting a double until we get back to the states so we don't buy two (for all that running I will be doing...) so we are trying to get by with Hadley in the BOB and wearing Elise. So far so good. She even joined me in Zumba and there are never too many times you can put a baby in a bear suit.



*Speaking of sleep, she will just fall asleep anywhere. Didn't know kids could do this, Hadley needed to be put to sleep and still really only likes sleeping in her crib. If I leave this one swaddled up for just a minute I normally come back to her conked out (except at bedtime, she still wants to stay up and party with us). This is working well since with two it is a bit harder to get her on a schedule. She still wants to be held while she takes naps (see above) so we just need to convince her to stay asleep on her own.

* She is a focused and determined eater, she is gaining weight like crazy and finishes in half the time that Hadley did.



* The lucky girl got Jamie's skin tone although we have no idea what color her eyes are going to be, they are navy right now. Hadley's had already lightened up at this point so we are guessing they are going to be hazel but possibly go darker to brown like Jamie's. Her eye shape looks more like Jamie while her smile and nose look a lot like mine. Hadley's smile is almost identical to Jamie's but we are thinking Elise resembles my shape. She is almost exactly the same weight and height at every point that Hadley was, love me a squishy baby!! I take full credit for the eyelashes, I may not have many traits I want to pass on (please nobody get my teeth!), but I am so glad both girls got my curly, long eyelashes. They originate from my Mom's side, my sister and I were discussing we have no idea how to use an eyelash curler so our girls need to inherit them!

*She startles easily at any unexpected sound.



*She has always had pretty good control of her hands and neck, which leads me to be super lazy with tummy time. She now bats and swings at her toys and I can get a few things done while she stares at the colors. She likes to be where the party is though, she can't stand it when she wakes up or looks around and we are in the other room.

*She goes 0-60 in just a few seconds, she can be perfectly calm and then let you know exactly what she is thinking. Hadley gave us some warning, this one you need to move quick!




*She doesn't mind singing, but it really isn't her thing. She would much rather have a conversation.

*She is growing up way too fast, I love seeing her develop but she is less and less like a newborn everyday! She is just a joy to be around and we are so very glad she is part of our family!!

No comments: