Friday, December 28, 2012

November Trip to Austin

I know this is late, I have a ways to get to Christmas, but I posted about the wedding but forgot to go back and post about our trip! As usual it was wonderful to spend time with my parents. Jamie was working so I took the girls by myself and the last week I was there my sister and my nephew joined us!

 This is a shot of the toy closet my mom has been adding to, it has some of the toys we played with as kids which honestly are the best. The girls love it and I was so shocked how clean everything felt even when they got the toys out, my house always feels like there is kid stuff EVERYWHERE. When I looked at the difference I came to the conclusion that it might have something to do with the fact we are in 1200 sqft.

 The girls spent hours outside on their swing, I considered getting one at home but this one is great bc they have adoring Grandparents that will push them.

I love this shot

 And this one. We went to a little farm to meet up with my brother and his wife and Hadley had a great time. Poor Elise got stung by her first bee, but luckily didnt seem to have a major reaction.

 Elise munches on her toes.

Papa also took Hadley and Elise to the little park across from her street.

And to the little pond behind it.

 Grammy took us shopping, Hadley ran up to the window yelling "Look! Look! Pretty shoes, Mama!!" You cant teach this kind of stuff!!

 We got snuggles from Auntie Amber, she gives the best "Auntie Hugs" and has honestly shown me how to be a better Aunt. She is so thoughtful and good with my kids. 

 In return we taught our cousin to shove entire toy eggs in our mouth...

 And helped him eat his food.

It was really sweet to watch them together.

 And they got lots and lots of attention.

 And loved every minute of it.

 And I didnt mind a little help!

 This picture makes me melt, she is such a cuddle bug once she warms up.

 And Papa made her laugh


And last but not least we were able to celebrate my parent's 60th birthday! We knew they both had birthdays coming up and we also knew it is really rare to have all the kids together at the same time. It wasnt the worlds best surprise since we had to let them in on it since we were holding it in their house and had to make sure they were around! My mom even made her own cake, she is an amazing baker and wanted to try a recipe she found - it was amazing. It was great just being all together, and we gave them a "voucher" to go towards a trip. My sister wrote a sweet note explaining that they always do so much for us and travel to us, but we wanted them to take a trip just for them. We will be making a book for their next birthday with photos from their trip to make sure they actually go! Honestly though, we couldn't ask for better parents and I am so grateful to have them in our lives. 

No comments: