Last time I logged into Blogger it told me I needed to upgrade for a fee to add any more pictures, I put off blogging for a bit and then came back to bite the bullet and pay the whole five bucks a year...instead it let me upload all my pictures again. So anyways, I am a bit behind and we will see if it will let me catch up!
This year for Thanksgiving we stayed at home and it was glorious. I had been gone in Texas and Jamie had been working long hours so all we really wanted was to hole up at home. I debated just doing pizza or something easy for dinner but decided to cook the traditional dinner after not celebrating while we were in England and actually enjoyed myself. My Mom always cooks her bird upside down and I dont think I have ever had a dry turkey at her place...it may not be pretty but it is definitely tasty! We added stuffing, potatoes, rolls with honey butter and a salad. I kept the decor simple since I realized we would need to clean up - maybe one day I will put the effort forth.
Nothing fancy, but it made up in taste.
The rest of the day was spent lounging around and breaking out the first Christmas movies.
Jamie kept hoping to catch some rest...
But there were cute little people up in his business all day, he loved it. They had missed him.
Not a flattering photo of either of us, but wanted to remember that we just cuddled and enjoyed our time together.
In years past we started decorating the day after Thanksgiving for Christmas, this year I decided to push it back a bit since Elise's birthday is the 2nd and I wanted to try out decorating after we had celebrated her birthday. My Aunts birthday is the 14th and she does it this way. I am still a bit undecided if we will do it next year. We instead spent the time hanging around the house, getting odd jobs done, fitting in some shopping and writing our talks we had to give in church. It was wonderful to spend the week with the people I am most thankful for in my life.



No comments:
Post a Comment