Wednesday, January 2, 2013

O Christmas Tree!

This year we ended up putting our tree up a little late - a combination of Jamie working, a Christmas Dinner I was in charge of (that went amazingly well thanks to input from my mom and help from a few good friends) and waiting until after Elise's birthday (my Aunt used to wait until after the Dec birthdays to decorate, so I tested it out but I think we will go back to decorating after Thanksgiving next year) meant that we were a week or so into Dec before decorating. We left for San Diego before Christmas so we decided to use our old fake tree again since it wouldnt be up for very long. It is super easy to set up and pre lit so there are definitely perks! And we had a great time adding the ornaments and putting up the star one Sunday evening together.



 Hadley helped hand us the ornaments and Elise made sure to stay close by

 And tested out a few ornaments for us

 Hadley putting on the star

 She was so careful

 And so excited

 She loved the tree and every morning I would hear her request the lights on as soon as she got out of bed

Elise loved it too, and shockingly would only gently touch the few(sturdy) ornaments I left within her reach.

No comments: