Today we had a down day. We didnt have anything on the schedule so when I figured out that my "allergies" were actually the beginnings of a cold we decided to stay home and take it easy. It was exactly what we needed, or really, I needed. I found that as I sat quietly on the couch the girls took turns all day sitting on my lap and coming over for hugs to somehow touch me. They would bring over books, come bring me toys to play with them or just sit on my lap to play with my hair or squish my face. They were happy as we watched shows, played with toys and popped bubbles.
This was my view for most of the day:
Sometimes I forget they just need "me". I dont stay home because I am good at cleaning (bc I am not) or should write a parenting book (discipline makes me want to huddle in the corner) or any of the other busy things that I often think I should be that qualifies as a "good mom". I stay home so they have access to me, so I can be part of their little everyday lives - and today they showed me, that for them , it is more than enough.
I am sure I will quickly forget what I am feeling, but I just wanted to have a reminder of the day we just were happy to be together and that as mothers, just being ourselves is all they really need.


No comments:
Post a Comment