We took a quick trip to London last weekend....cause you can do that when you live so close! My cousin was in town for business and came a day earlier to hang out with us - and lug a duvet across the pond, she really is amazing! (Long story - basically I wanted to be able to use the Duvet for many years and didnt want to have to always find UK covers) We dropped her off at her hotel and spend an hour wandering around seeing whatever we could. We took the train and tube, my first time on the tube since I was 15. I did realize we passed a few landmarks that I didn't do my research on, I will need to break out the tourist books when we get our shipment. We did stop by a beautiful park, I believe "The Green Park" there were literally flowers everywhere, not what I would have expected in Sept, but gorgeous. Here are a few pics from our trip -

It looks quaint, but smelled horrible and was so dirty, not much different than US pay phones.
Jamie wanted a pic so I just held my breath.

Buckingham Palace
Larger than I remembered and we will need to check out the guards next time!

Big Ben in the background
It really is beautiful and I want to go back and see it at night

My Awesome Cousin
By this point it was late and we needed to get Hadley home. We ate dinner in the hotel room - takeout from Pizza Express. They have the best profiteroles...I dream of them! And headed back on the tube and train. It was a great start and we have a whole list of local places London/Bath/Winsor we want to check out after we get settled! Also looking for a fish and chips place, didnt pass any so we will need to find one!
5 comments:
You're looking very European, Heather. I love the coat and the scarf!
Wish I could be there!!
i'm a moron & completely forgot you had a blog. so glad i remembered b/c i've been wanting to see pics of hadley! she's getting so big & starting to look more like you.
you weren't kidding when you said your washerdryer was a washerdryer. looks like fun ;)
& i love that you fed your packing peanuts to hadley. just kidding.
& i would love to see a picture of jamie with his sleep collar. hilarious!
I'm so glad you are getting out to see the sights. The history major/teacher in me is so jealous! You guys are such a cute family.
ummm, i love pizza express. that is the place i wanted to tell you about but couldn't remember.
i love london. soooo fun!
Post a Comment