This weekend was our last free weekend before we leave so we packed up and headed into London to say our goodbyes and cross off the final things we wanted to visit. The responsible side of me says I should be at home cleaning/packing/prepping for another international move, but the other side knows that it will be a long time before we end up back in England and if the movers have to box up random bits and dust bunnies under my couch then I will just deal with it when we unpack!
Our first stop was Kings Cross for the Harry Potter photo op, it is really just a wall that people congregate around to take turns posing for pictures. It is a bit like chicken as you try to battle for your turn. I wanted these pictures for one reason - when we were kids I have wonderful memories of my mother reading chapter books to us when we were older children (10ish) and I hope to one day do the same for my kids. I would love to read the Harry Potter series and I wanted these photos to place on the inside cover.

Hadley isn't sure how she feels about being pushed through a wall....

I don't look as convincing as Jamie, and Elise is looking at me confused.
Our next stop was the London Eye and lucky for us the day we chose had beautiful weather!!. I booked tickets ahead of time online and highly recommend it, the line was quick and painless. I do not love heights but really wanted to go on the London Eye. The ride was shockingly smooth and you didn't realize you were moving until you got close to the water so it wasn't scary in the least and we really enjoyed it.

The view was amazing!

She loved pointing at the water, boats, people, birds, cars....

Jamie got some nice shots, the glass glared on some of them but a few of them turned out great!

The London Eye
After we were done we headed to a nearby pub that had been recommended - The Slug and Lettuce. If the name doesn't sell you, I don't know what will. Jamie had the fish and chips, Hadley had the chicken and chips and I had a wrap that they called a tostada (it was not a tostada). It was nice to relax before we headed back on the tubes to the train and headed home. The tubes were a bit intimidating when I first moved here, but I finally got the hang of them although I still let Jamie navigate (I can get lost pretty much anywhere, it is a talent). There are a few museums and plays in London I would have liked to see, maybe one day with older kids, but we really enjoyed our time and it has been wonderful to live so close!
Goodbye, London! Thanks for everything!
1 comment:
Ahhhh... I bet you have a ton of mixed feeling since you are leaving!!! It looks like a lovely send off day of fun before you move! I soo wish we had moved here earlier so that we could have met up before you move back to the states! :( I still would love to talk!!!! Good luck on your Move Heather!!!
Post a Comment