Heading down to San Diego every 4th is one of our favorite traditions and one that we really missed while we were away. We generally meet Jamie's two sisters and the brother just above him and his family. We love catching up with them and enjoying gorgeous San Diego!
It was Elise's first visit and I am pretty sure she loved it! The quilt she is laying on is a gift from my amazing SIL. When her children were young I admired her "I spy" quilt, a quilt where all the squares are interesting patterns for kids and you have them find the ladybugs, the baseballs, the ducks.... It was so darling and I added it on my mental list of things to do when I had kids. I never got to it but waiting for us on our bed when we arrived was our very own gorgeous quilt with a sweet note about how she hoped our girls would enjoy it. It is currently in our front room and we love it!!
A vacation wouldnt be complete without a few pics of good food - after we arrived we headed (sans makeup) to a little place along the coast that has "manhole" sized pancakes that my nephews make a valiant effort to finish.
Jamie comes from a family of boys that all have boys so the toys are pretty heavy on the blocks and trucks, which Hadley loves, but awesome Aunt Laurel found an old "Pretty, Pretty Princess" game that had all the jewelry pieces and she was in LOVE!! She wandered around all decked out for the entire trip.
Elise hung out in the treadmill exersaucer (it was hilarious, the bottom yellow part literally works like a treadmill) and held court in the middle of the living room. There were people coming in and out all day and she got all the attention she could handle, she was in heaven! My nephews are just heartmeltingly sweet and were so kind to both my girls.
She also found this plastic hand and would not give it up, she hung onto it for hours and when we got home I went straight to Amazon to order one of my own. Unfortunately they have shrunk about 50% in the last 20 years but she still likes it.
Elise especially loved her Aunt Dawn, she even fell asleep for her!
We also took a trip to VGs, the best donut place I have ever tried (and I have tried many, many donuts). Hadley was a quick convert and I may have ordered her an extra one "just in case" that I made sure did not go to waste:)
We then headed to the beach, it is gorgeous and my waterbaby would not get out of the freezing water no matter how much her daddy begged!
Elise didn't seem to mind the beach either...
Hadley helped make homemade ice cream for the first time, it is like a requirement to be a Teuscher, they all have special White Mountain Ice Cream makers and take it extremely seriously.
She loved it!
On the actual 4th it was a little overcast and we just stayed close to home. We generally watch the fireworks from my inlaws backyard that overlooks the coast and it would have been perfect bc you can see the fireworks but they are not loud, but it was really foggy and you couldnt see anything so the girls went to bed at a normal hour and we watched it on TV. I did love my first matching holiday!
All the kids and Uncle Brian before they headed home.
We are so lucky to be related to truly wonderful people that we honestly love being around! So who is coming for Christmas???



No comments:
Post a Comment