Monday, February 4, 2013

Goodbye January

I feel like everyone I have talked to had a rough January. We are not sad to see it go this year. Luckily we have not been nearly as sick as we were the last two years, but somehow it seems like someone picked up something about every week. Although I was grateful we all took turns it seemed as though we were stuck inside endlessly. Even when we were not sick it seemed I rarely had things planned or other kids were sick so we, again, just seemed to see a lot of the inside of our house. 

On top of that, Jamie has worked this month more than I have ever seen him (and this is coming from a wife that has seen 8 years of busy seasons and an IPO). He worked every Saturday, every Sunday afternoon and if he came home before midnight it was considered an "early" night. He is a saint, he works tirelessly and when he does have a spare minute he does not sit down but immediately spends as much time as he can with the girls. I didn't help myself much as I approached the long hours with this sort of progression...

Week 1 - Let's make the time count! Organize all the photos, upload and backup files, sort out insurance, organize all cupboards, drawers and files....
Week 2 - That was productive but overwhelming, instead Let's Deep Clean!!
Week 3 - Ok, I am now cranky... how about decorating the walls, sewing curtains and a few crafts?
Week 4 - Good Heavens, Let's just try to hang onto our ever lovin' marbles and maybe squeeze in a shower or two

We seem to be in a much healthier, although less productive, spot and I will let you know how the next few weeks go.

Of course it was not all bad, it was nice to spend a ton of time with my two favorite girls and I think they enjoyed the down time. I should break this out into a few themed posts, but I am cramming it all together so here is how our January went -


 Played chase in our Jammies, in the last month they can do this with hardly any tears and it is their favorite game.

 Cuddled on the couch in our fuzziest outfit while teething. Proud to say that at 14 months we now have 2 bottom and the top 2 have just cut!

 Played with Coppie (her name for my mom, no idea why...she can say grammy and grandma but Coppie stuck) over Skype

 Made a few masterpieces, apparently sans pants this particular day

 Snuggled and sent photos to Dada

Snarfed tons of raisins. I am afraid she got my major sweet tooth and it is what she begs for all day long, but is limited to two boxes a day.

First pigtail!  Looks so grown up!!

 Rocked some bedhead

 Had FHE, one of my goals for the year. At least she is looking a the pictures, we are starting with the bar low and I feel successful.

 Sometimes were were too tired to actually get up to get the toys...

 This one loves to come put her head in my lap so I play with her hair, especially if either of us are not feeling well.

 Danced in our "Princess Dress" that we had to have and wear immediately in Costco. I am now "that" mother...and surprisingly ok with it.

 Ate lots of pumpkin muffins while it rained outside, the best possible way to eat them.

 Tried to teach them to be self sufficient without me, mixed results but they sure laughed the whole time.

 Hadley's "spaceship" we made with a carseat box. She thought I was a rockstar and it kept her occupied for a good couple days.

 She is showing signs she is interested in walking and spent some time practicing.

Her sister desperately wants her to and tries her best to help her along.

 She discovered the joys of shaving cream

 She tried to eat the shaving cream.

 Played with every toy we own

 Finally got a shot of our Christmas dresses!! We kept missing Sundays or forgetting photos, but the stars finally aligned.

And ate our fruits and veggies to keep the bugs away!

May your February be Healthy and Fabulous!! 



No comments: