Just a month or so after we returned from England, one of my best friends moved to Price. It was heartbreaking and I am still working on getting over it, her family is happy and so that does make me truly happy for them, but there is still a large Hayley shaped hole in the Bay Area.
How can you not love this girl!?!
Her husband took the kids and told her to get out of town, Mr Atwood is a good man. We were so excited to have her come visit!! She arrived late Thurs night and we promised we would go straight to bed...4 hours later we finally made it to our beds. We were up early and she headed out to visit her adoring fans while I took the girls to playgroup and naps. We met up again that evening to go out to one of her favorite Vietnamese places before heading up to spend the night in San Fran.
All ready to go (Sarah - we miss you!!)
It was very tasty, they did not have Vietnamese in England and I really missed it! Apparently they do not have it in Price either.
We headed up to the city and spent the night at our favorite Westin Hotel, it never disappoints. And stayed up way too late, for some reason I always think that a night away with the girls will mean sleep since there are no children, but it never does. Totally worth it though! We then headed to Sears Fine Foods for brunch and then wandered around Union Square for a bit. The weather was gorgeous, I always forget that spring and fall are beautiful in the city while the summer is generally cold.
On Union Square
We took a quick detour home by the Palo Alto Creamery, we felt we needed to since one of the pregnant girls suggested it. It was a sacrifice.
After a few hours at home we met back up at Karoke. I am not a fan of Karoke, I find it uncomfortable to sing and doubly uncomfortable to have someone sing at me....luckily this was the perfect set up - there was no stage and everyone faced the words so it was basically a big group since along and was a total blast! I didnt last the entire time, I was too wiped out - I have never seen someone run on adrenaline like Hayley can, she swears she crashes but I have never been a witness in the 8 years I have known her. She spend the night at another friends (had to share the love) and then was back at our house for lunch before taking off. I waited until the door closed to cry. It was so good to see her!! She is honestly one of the best people I have ever met and I am so grateful that we were able to at least live next to each other for a short while. Price is lucky to have her.
Come visit again soon, Hayley!! It was way too short!
No comments:
Post a Comment