Wednesday, March 6, 2013

February Recap

 February has been much kinder than January and we are grateful. The sun has shone most days this month and I have seen Jamie before bed more often than not. Additionally there were only a few bugs passed around and with toddlers that is about all you can hope for! I already blogged the highlights of Valentine's and Hayley's visit but here are a few(a lot) more photos of our month!

 Elise has started insisting she feed herself. She also teethed 6 of her top teeth all within a week and a half and boycotted most foods so at this point I am happy however she chooses to eat! Even if it requires a hose and a few changes of clothes.

  Jamie uncovered a bunch of lemons on the back of the lemon tree he was pruning and so we made delicious lemonade and unfortunate lemon bars (should have waited to get mom's recipe)

 Elise is tall enough to play with the big kid outside toys (closely supervised) and was so pleased with herself!


And Hadley felt the car needed a good scrubbing in the sunshine


 There were a few colds here and there and I love the snuggles that come along

 Elise has taken to watching Daddy in the mornings after he leaves the house

 We left with (another) Costco dress. We rounded the corner and I heard squeals of joy at the sight of the Easter Dress display, she did need another dress for the season and I just couldnt say no. It makes me relate a bit more to my mother, who is super girly, when she bought me all sorts of science kits as a kid. Although I don't quite understand her love of fine fabrics, babies, purses and all things glitter,  I truly love it because she loves it.

Along those lines, she had her first "Princess Tea Party". A friend threw a cute little party and she was in heaven! We used a sparkly bow, sprayed my perfume she always begs for, used a touch of lip gloss and walked the entire way in our play Cinderella shoes!

Elise can stand!! She uses random things to walk around with, the Costco cookie jar was used for this trip, and she has carefully started standing on her own! Walking is hopefully just around the corner!


This is one of my favorites.  Elise has never been very interested in books - she is too much of a wiggle worm and just wanted to hit and/or eat the pages, but a month or so ago I started taking time each day to focus on reading with just her. We stuck to books she could touch or were interactive and after a bit I would catch her going in and playing with her books all on her own!! As a bookworm this just warms my heart and makes me so very happy. Her favorites are this baby animals one, Peek a Boo Baby (she knows when the boo is coming and gets so excited) and 10 Little Caterpillers.

This picture shows just how happy we are spring is almost here!! Our flowers are in bloom the sun is shining and we are excited to see what March brings!

No comments: