I dont love to blog. It is one of those things that sits at the top of my to do list that I check off every few weeks. Truthfully, I feel rather silly since many people dont blog anymore and I realize that my life is really not exciting enough to warrant continuous, poorly worded updates. I keep doing it because I DO love to look back to old posts and be reminded what my kids were doing and what I was thinking/feeling at the time. I loved going back and reading and reflecting on what has happened since I turned 31.
My birthday this year was wonderful, it really wasnt that hard to top last year when I had a double ear infection! But I had my Mom visiting so we spend the day together, visited family, ate cake and she watched the kids while Jamie and I went out on a date! I somehow didnt take any photos of my actual day of birth...but here are a few that I found when I looked back on the last year. It has been a wonderful year and I cant wait to see what next year holds!
We headed to Cornwall a week after my birthday, it still feels like a bit of a dream we lived in England. We are so happy to be home but there are so many things we miss.
Taking both girls to Amsterdam was one of the highlights of the last few years.
We spend almost 8 weeks at my Parents house in Austin, loving the sunshine and family. Jamie was gone most of those weeks and we were so excited to see him again.
While in Austin we were able to bless our sweet little love bug.
Headed out to Corporate housing in Santa Clara, spending lots of time in the complex pool and hanging out with old friends and obviously practicing in high heels.
Took a quick trip down to San Diego to meet a few of the Teuscher family members and celebrate our first Fourth of July!
Discovered the joys of shopping American style! It makes me sound crazy, but there are quite a few things we had to reacclimate to when we returned, even now I find that I do a few things differently because my first experience being a Mom was in another country.
Found a new house and moved in two parts - first we had temporary furniture and a few storage items delivered, then our England shipment arrived and the rest of the storage items (still a few things in the garage from storage, takes forever to unpack!! but at least as of two months ago our insurance claims on the damage were completed)
We fell instantly in love with having a backyard, it is everything we hoped it would be!! Elise even taste tested the grass for us, she is such a doll.
We tried out a few local attractions and cant wait until summer comes this year!!
Celebrated Halloween in style.
Flew back to Austin to be part of Courtney's wedding
Celebrated My Baby's 1st birthday!!
(I love this shot, this is how she eats when she is excited...whole fisting it)
Had a magical Christmas season and a wonderful time celebrating with the Teuschers
Had a hard time saying goodbye to this gal in September, but a wonderful time when she visited
Was able to see four generations of my family (it is the only four generation we will have since both of our grandparents have passed away)
It was a fabulous year and I could have posted many more photos, so many wonderful and crazy memories. And I am grateful for every one.





No comments:
Post a Comment