Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Four Generations

Last weekend my parents came into town for my Grandmother's 92nd birthday. She and my Uncle's family live up in Sacramento so we drove up Saturday morning to celebrate and to introduce Elise. I had taken Hadley up before we left to England but havent made the trip since we returned. 

At 92 Grandma looks fabulous!! She is very happy but a little confused, my Uncle placed a little card in front of her that said "It is my Birthday, I am 92" and every so often while I was talking to her she would read it and then state  - "It's my Birthday?!? Happy Birthday! I am 92? That is almost 100!!" She loves birthdays.  We miss our normal conversations but it is so very good to see her happy and my Uncle and his wife take such good care of her. 


 We started the trip with our typical Stan's Donuts and both girls slept most of the way there, the donuts are our driving lucky charm.

 Grandma loves to play cards, she is GOOD!! We used to play Uno every time we visited, but here she is beating my dad in Gin Rummy.

My parents were great about playing with my kids while I sat with Grandma, my Dad was determined that Elise would walk soon and kept practicing.

 It was a little tricky to get two easily distracted kids (and a grandma) to look at the camera at the same time! But this our Four Generations on the Mockler side!!

My Dad and his Mom. We hope to be up to celebrate many birthdays to come!

No comments: