Monday, November 4, 2013

October Trip to Austin

We decided at the last minute to take a trip down to Austin to visit my parents! Jamie was headed to Houston for work and was able to fly with us to Austin and stay for the weekend. It was so great to see my parents and have no plans on the agenda. We were able to do some fun October things, I made a bunch of chocolate for my Mom to sell at a little boutique and did a chocolate class for her friends and the girls got lots of snuggles.



I made the mistake of telling Hadley where we were going a few days in advance, she cried to go to Texas every morning until we left.

The kids were rockstars on the flight and she was so excited to go!! It really helped to have an extra set of hands when traveling with Jamie! I realized I normally travel on my own since I am always wanting a little extra time with my family.

The kids made themselves right at home

The swing is still a crowd favorite - Elise will swing as long as you will let her

One night we ran out of Jammies and the girls dressed in Grammy's tshirts, they loved them and were so cozy.

These two hugging melt my heart every single time.

Elise is my snuggle bug. She has started to haul all of her blankets around and loves to cuddle after naps


My dad took off one day to go to the pumpkin patch with the girls - unfortunately when my mom and I both looked at the website for the really good patch we failed to notice that they were closed on Wednesdays until that morning! We found one a bit further away, it was a little lame but the girls loved the hayride and picking a pumpkin (out of large costco boxes of pumpkins) and just being with the grandparents.

Elise LOVED to catch a ride on Papa's head. We are not sure what it is but both Elise and her cousin Ryan are berserk for Papa. They shriek and holler "Papa! Papa!" whenever he is around and she asked for him every day. He is very, very loved.

This is the second year I have photos of these two in pumpkins:)

We also did our fair share of following Grammy who let us help with all sorts of things in the kitchen

We were able to see a few of our friends in Austin (not as many as we would have liked - I am looking at you Courtney!!). I am so lucky to have some amazing friends I have know for ages. We met at a jump house the girls like - there is this little tea cup ride for 50 cents the girls LOVE.

We met up with my brother and darling baby Claire. Hadley was obsessed and talked about her the rest of the day.

Hadley was also overjoyed when Papa took her on an ice cream date. I thought her face might split from smiling so much! There is nothing better than a happy Hadley!!

As always, it was so hard to leave. I love spending time with my family and it was the perfect get away.  Luckily we head back in December for Christmas!

No comments: