Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Long Post on December

It is a bit long but here is what we did for our month of December -


It was Jamie's birthday, he was at least home this year to enjoy dessert! It felt like we had been eating sugar for weeks and I wasn't feeling well so we had ice cream with nerds (one of his favorites) and promised that we would get his favorite chocolate silk pie from Marie Callendars at some other time. Hadley was thrilled to help blow out his candle!

On Elise's actual birthday she sat on the couch begging for treats and asking for christmas shows. It only seemed right.

Hadley has preschool twice a week so Elise and I get some time alone. She things going to the grocery store is a fantastic trip and loves pushing her little cart, she does insist that the groceries she picks out be placed in her own grocery bag that she places in the car all on her very own. She is definitely my child that says "me do!!" multiple times a day!

She is also my baby that loves a blanket or pillow, a friend gave us these random Christmas pillows and both girls claimed one.


Hadley adores preschool and it was so fun to see her enjoy it during the holidays

A friend hosted a gingerbread party and Hadley was in heaven, she was so focused and you can tell by her little tongue sticking out! I love that she does this!

We watched lots of christmas movies, somehow it felt more like celebrating a holiday rather than just letting them watching shows and I felt a lot less guilty!  Their favorites were the Grinch, Mickey's Christmas  and Rudolph.

 We did read lots of Christmas books! They loved the Polar express, a pop up 12 days of christmas bugs and an animal nativity book.

We also spent our fair share huddled at home drinking hot chocolate and in our jammies.

Our friend hosted a christmas party for Hadley's age and invited Elise, she was so thrilled to be included!!

Hadley got right into the cookie decorating, I think she has it all figured out!

Grandma sent us matching shirts, they were super cute and somehow this is the best photo I got of them!

Hadley loved the lights, and I would find her setting up her babies, books and blankets in front of the tree and sitting quietly. It was so sweet to see.

We carried on the tradition of having the girls buying for one another. We took them to the mall and I first took the girls to pick out a tie for Dad - last year it went great, Hadley picked out the color, I picked out three in that color and then she made the final choice. This year she had more opinions and actually picked a tie that looked like it had "sprinkles" on it. It wasn't horrible although t it wasn't great but I wanted her to feel like it was her gift so we went with it! Jamie then took them to Ann Taylor to pick out earrings for me, we figured it was pretty safe but I didn't take into account she is a very girly 4 year old girl. She found these bows that were super sparkly, she was gets so very thrilled when I wear them!

Elise had her 2 year check up. She is tall like her sister and I love a squishy baby tummy!


Hadley had a party for her preschool class and I was the working parent, I wasn't sure at first but I have really enjoyed working in her classroom for moments like this!!

Elise loves being near us and laughs hysterically as we drag her around! 

Elise learned how to peel oranges, we love cuties and keep a large bowl on the kitchen table, I would find peels and fruit everywhere!

They loved having tea parties with the tree and had lots of little christmas parties together!

No comments: