Thursday, March 10, 2011

Heading Home


Our train left at 12 so we had some time to wander around the next morning. I enjoyed my last breakfast, they had the best hot chocolate and you can't beat fresh pastries. We took a few pictures of our hotel room (should have thought of it while it was clean...)


View from our window. The Pantheon wasn't open to view but it was beautiful.

Very quaint, and they put us on the top floor at the end. It was nice to not have to worry when Hadley would wake up in the morning.

Again with the half shower door, still don't understand it, but the tiles had tiny rose buds on them.

View from the road, I found it off trip advisor and it was the perfect location.


We walked down the street, bought a parisian scarf (made sure it didn't say made in the USA or something) and earrings in a little boutique, it was my birthday after all!

Luxembourg Gardens was just down the street, it closed at dusk so we hadn't had a chance to go inside. It was so peaceful and all over Paris they had these lounge type chairs, we relaxed in the sun for awhile.

In front of the fountains

More fountains just up the street, looks like there is a beautiful park on every corner. It would be perfect for Hadley if she was a bit older.


In front of the Pantheon, we then went and packed back up and repeated the trip in reverse. It is always more exciting to go on vacation than to take the trip home. We really are trying to figure out how to get back and since this trip went so well I am more excited for the other places we want to go visit.



We started a tradition when we moved to England that when we visited sights and castles we would get children's books at each location. I wanted something to remember our trips by but didn't want to collect a bunch of junk or feel like we had to buy something I didn't want. I have loved this idea since I really don't mind spending money on books. We try to get one that represents the location and then write where we were and the date. Most books are a bit old for Hadley but we hope she will enjoy them as she grows up.

3 comments:

Karey said...

Loved these posts, Heather! It makes me really miss Europe! It's been too long since I've been there!
It sounds like you are an awesome trip planner - just the right itinerary and pace.
And way to get it all up on the blog right away!

Melinda said...

Oh Heather, I loved reading your adventures! You did fantastic- makes me want to hop on a plane right now and have you be my tour guide. Sigh. I loved all your pictures and especially the idea of children's books to remember your visits!!!! C'est bon ma douce amie!!!

The Mostess said...

Yay!! You're finally able to get out and about. I'm finally jealous! :0

What is with those stupid half doors? We had the same at our apt in Paris.

I got books for future Beezie all over when we traveled. Such a fun tradition!