Monday, March 28, 2011

When Daddy Comes Home


Jamie spent 10 day in California for business and returned last Tuesday. On Sunday, he was sent this picture when he asked how we were doing -

Sad Baby


Hadley had pink eye for almost two weeks (drugs and attitudes are different here) starting just a few days after Jamie left, I then caught a really bad cold. Hadley could be seen in the below position and hung out with her friend Minnie while I laid on the couch. She never paid attention to the tv before, but that week I discovered she likes Mickey's clubhouse, Imagination Movers (my very least favorite, but she likes to dance) and can tolerate Handy Manny(my preference) and Jungle Junction. It was a dark time.

Killing the braincells up close and personal

Jamie came home and we were very, very happy! Not only was there another set of hands, he came bearing gifts! And even a surprise gift in a tiny blue box for an early Mother's day/thanks-for-not-leaving-me-in-England gift. I was totally shocked and started crying, he has great taste. You can see Hadley hanging onto the bag...

Part of the Haul

The Rest

His other goodies included cake and brownie mix, hot tamales, green chiles, blueberry muffin mix, tootsie pops, taco sauce for cafe rio, tomatillos for cafe rio (it tastes so different without them and nobody has even heard of them here!), a box of my favorite See's, fruit leathers, baby detergent (I like the smell and was almost out of the one my cousin brought over), a box of peeps, cinnamon pita chips, bibs, goldfish, about 15 cans of baby puffs and a few other odds and ends. He flew business class (he may want to do a post on his undying devotion to upper class) and had an extra bag, I was impressed at how many stores he shopped at to get everything I wanted and quite a few things he just knew I would like. It is funny what you miss when you are away. We are so happy to have daddy home!!!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Um... I think you forgot the blu-ray DVD that he had me pick up. My friends were curious as to why a 30 year old man would want 17 Again. I had to explain it was for the wife...

Emily said...

Well holy cow girl aren't you going to show us what was in the little blue box? I'm dying to see!

Emily said...

Also just curious why you decided to buy your car seat in the US, don't they have lots of Britax carseats in the UK?