Before we had Elise I told Jamie I wanted to travel to one last place. I wanted to have pictures of Elise in another country and I think in some way I wanted to prove I could travel with two. I had planned on Paris since it was my favorite and I thought it would be easier to go to somewhere familiar. I then realized what I really wanted to do was return to the museums, and that would be significantly less fun with two and one of them walking. I decided to leave Paris as a perfect memory and we started brainstorming another location. Amsterdam came up and I realized it was tulip season, visiting Holland in tulip season was one of those things that you hear about and I told myself I would love to do one day...never thinking it would actually happen!! I was so excited, it was the perfect trip - a 50 minute flight and the middle of the flower season! We decided to just stay in a Marriott since it was easy to book and we knew it would be a safe bet. Jamie flew in Monday morning from California and we drove back to the airport that evening. We returned on Wednesday night so it was a fast but really fun trip.
On Tuesday we went to Keukenhof Gardens. It is entirely bulbs and is only open 2 months a year. It was insanely gorgeous, we literally walked around until we could not walk any more. It is about a 20 minute bus ride outside Amsterdam and on the way you pass fields and fields of tulips and then the actual gardens are beds of bulbs and displays of bred flowers. It was chilly and overcast but was beautiful and our pictures cannot do it justice!

The entire area smelled of Hyacinths. We couldn't stop sniffing.

There were tons of pathways to run around for our energetic girl

She loved it, much better than wandering museums!

The fields, amazing. And I look tired because I am.

The "Hadley" tulip. A salmon color tipped in yellow.







No comments:
Post a Comment