My favorite present this year wasn't a Christmas present at all - it was the sweetest gifts from my friends back in CA. The postman dropped off a large box and I was shocked to see my friend Kaari's return address on the label. I opened what she called a "shower in a box" and it truly was! Beautiful handmade gifts, darling clothes, thoughtful notes, yummy treats and gifts for Hadley as the big sister and even a wind up mouse- I literally cried as I pulled new items from the box while Jamie laughed at my weepiness. It is seriously the most thoughtful gift and means so much to me, I have no idea how to thank them!! I thought I was doing a pretty good job of hiding how hard the last few months have been. I feel so ungrateful complaining when we have had so many opportunities in the last year and were able to welcome a second child which was one of my deepest wishes. But I have missed friends terribly and it has been lonely, it looks like they saw right through me and thought of a sweet way to cheer me up. Makes me so excited to move back to such lovely friends in the upcoming year

Hadley helping me unload the loot

The gifts!
GORGEOUS quilt by Meghan - she has 3 little kids and a photography business, I have no idea how she found time to make it!! She is literally superwoman.
A doll made by my dear friend Abby - she makes these dolls called Ruby Stitch that I have coveted since before I had Hadley, they are beautiful!
Darling clothes for Elise and Wings/Tutu/Wand for Hadley and countless goodies - Peppermint JoJos, Hot Tamales, Tootsie Pops and Cinnamon Bears are just a few! I craved Cinnamon Bears my entire pregnancy but nobody could seem to find when they came over. My friend Kaari went, with a cold, to my fave candy shop in CA to pick up a bunch to send.

She loved her little outfit and wore the Tutu all day long!
I have pretty much polished off all of the Cinnamon Bears and am so grateful for such wonderful friends!! It makes me smile every time I see something that arrived in the thoughtful box.
1 comment:
This is so sweet! My friend in Maryland sent me a shower in a box for Peyton and it was so sweet and I cried too. How great that you got treats that you have been missing!
Post a Comment