Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas 2011


Ok, we are finally at Christmas, which means this barrage of posts is almost over! The only people that will thank me for all these posts are the people also up at 2am and 6am looking for everything and anything to read.

This year was wonderful, we missed family but I think it helped having a new baby, a child that understood gifts and having just seen my Mom. We spent the night before up late trying to get all the last minute details done (I had gifts bought and wrapped months ago, it was the nesting), not the wisest thing bc already short on sleep I was basically delirious by the end of the day and forgot to take pictures of a few of our traditions - I guess next year!

Jamie put together her little kitchen after she went to bed, we were not sure if she would notice it on her own the next morning but it was the first thing she went to! There is nothing better than hearing your child "ooooh" and "wow" over the gift you bought her!

We had to convince her to leave her kitchen for a few minutes to open the other gifts!

Elise received a stocking from Santa with a stuffed bear and a baby banana toy... she looks impressed.

We keep hearing all this "keep calm" stuff which does not sound useful in the least bit to me, "Now Panic and Freak Out" sounds more my style. Jamie was kind enough to buy me a mug with the motto.

Elise hung out while we dived into the rest of our presents

Hadley loved her stackers, along with her sets of play food to go with her kitchen from the parents and Santa. Although her favorite item was the mini gummy bear bag that she found in her stocking and carried around for the next half an hour.

She received movies from my parents and brother and this light up ladybug that she refuses to part with from my sister, seriously cute. She also got an Aquadoodle from the grandparents - I am too lazy to go find a link but it is amazing, it just uses water in these pen things on a mat so she can draw but there is NO MESS!! We both love it.

Jamie and I decided to stick with "English" gifts this year, I bought Jamie a proper Pewter Mug and he bought me a tea set, it is beautiful and each of the teacups have different flowers on them.

/media-view.php?ic=BG00605ZOOM


We then had Christmas breakfast, in Jamie's family they have a maple ring (like a cinnamon roll but maple) for breakfast and we have adopted the tradition, it is delicious!! It is also time consuming and explains why I was up so late, but totally worth it as we munched on the huge batch for the entire day.

She is getting fat, no?
We then got ready for church, this is the darling christmas dress my SIL sent me. I hadn't found a cute dress for her and gave up, my SIL sent me a dress that was perfect. It seems like she always knows what I need - with Hadley a newborn take-home outfit arrived the week before (I had no idea that most newborns are too tiny for the 0-3 size!) and this time a Christmas dress showed up when I did not have one. If I am half as thoughtful as she is one day I will consider myself a success.

I was going for a sweet family pose, but basically we hit meltdown from excitement (and sugar) about the time we headed to church.

We spend the rest of the day watching Polar Express and Muppet's Christmas Carol, she LOVED the Polar Express to my Mother's delight.

I realized on Christmas that I had purchased a few christmas outfits (pjs, dressed and I love Santa sets) and we had not made it into any of them by Christmas day. So we had a few outfit changes and snapped away.

Matching reindeer buns have never been cuter!

I am missing pictures of our Christmas dinner Raclette, our reading of the Christmas Story Book (a collection of scriptures about the birth from the Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon and D&C with pictures) and opening Christmas Crackers (actually did this a few days later when I remembered...). It was a great Christmas, although we are excited to see family next year!

No comments: