My Mother came out a few days before we had Elise and then stayed for a little over 2 weeks after I came home from the hospital, and it was wonderful! There is something about having your Mom around that makes everything better. She took great care of us - cleaning, feeding, and telling me I was doing a good job. I was so happy to have her out, especially for Hadley. She is a very sensitive little thing and could tell right away that I was hurt, it broke my heart to see her so timid around me. She has since warmed up as I have recovered and is back asking for her turn on my lap, but the first week she would watch me from afar and was so gentle. I was so glad there was somebody who could stand in and give her cuddles and hugs when I couldn't. Grandma also was the best at dance parties and had Hadley laughing constantly, which was no easy task since she came down with a cold about the time my Mom arrived and then decided to get 2 new teeth as well (explains the constant pacifiers or fingers in her mouth, poor thing!). We were so very sad to see her go, I really needed her those first weeks and am so grateful for my real, live Fairy Godmother.

Grandma and her girls
While Mom was out, on the weekends Jamie would take her and Hadley to explore England. I could spend some time with just Elise, Hadley could escape the house and Mom could see some of Christmastime in England. The first weekend they went into Reading and did some Christmas Shopping. The next weekend they went into London and toured around Harrods and stopped by Hyde Park to check out the Winter Wonderland.

Hadley all bundled up to head to London

My Mother found a doll house she LOVED (she is thrilled that Hadley is into dolls and make believe since my sister and I failed her), but couldn't quite figure out how to get it back to Austin and past customs.

Jamie and Hadley at Hyde Park

She makes holding two look easy...
.

Helping Hadley play with Elise. Hadley is pretty gentle but my Mom had a sixth sense for when she might accidentally put a finger in her eye and made sure to stay close.

One last snuggle before leaving - Thanks for everything Mom!!
1 comment:
This post has me in tears. Your Mom is so wonderful!!!!!
Post a Comment